During crime prevention and road policing patrols on 23 September 2021, Overstrand Municipality share the following successes of the day:
- Several fines were issued for traffic violations at various locations in Hermanus, such as not wearing seat belts, driving without a license, holding a cell phone whilst driving and not stopping at red traffic lights.
- Law enforcement officers from the Overstrand K9 and Task Team Unit initiated a pursuit after a vehicle on the N2 near Villiersdorp failed to stop after a traffic violation of reckless driving was observed. The driver fled the scene after a crash.
A total of 5 593 units of abalone were found in transparent bags on the rear passenger seat. The abandoned vehicle and abalone were taken to Villiersdorp SAPS.
- Assistant chief of law enforcement and task team, Johan du Toit, thanked Warrant Officer DeLong and Colonel Aurent of the Villiersdorp Police Station for their speedy response and support.
- Overstrand Municipality's law enforcement team in an operation with officials from the Department of Forestry, Fisheries and the Environment (DFFE) found 1 459 abandoned abalone near Danger Point. The abalone were found buried in the sand.
- Two men from Blompark in Gansbaai were arrested for illegal possession and transportation of a small amount of abalone and periwinkle. The suspects were arrested and taken to Hermanus SAPS.