Register to vote (IEC)
The Independent Electoral Commission (IEC) launched an online voter registration facility allowing new voters to register and existing voters to update or amend their registration from the ease and convenience of their homes or elsewhere.
Remember, you must be registered to vote where you live – even already registered voters can use the voter portal to check and update their voters’ roll addresses.
Register in just a few easy steps:
- Get your SA ID book or card ready
- Go to https://registertovote.elections.org.za
- Click “Register to Vote Now”
- Enter your personal details
- Enter the One-Time Pin sent to your cellphone
- Search for your address, or if you are at home, use the current location on your device
- Take a photo of your ID OR submit a scan of your ID
- You will receive an SMS within 24 hours confirming your successful registration.
Even already registered voters can use the voter portal to check and update their voters’ roll addresses.
For more information, contact the Electoral Project Co-ordinator for the Overstrand on Tel: 028 312 1094 or 028 313 1956 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org .