Overstrand Municipality recently received a grant of R6.7million from the Western Cape Department of Local Government to procure and install back-up generators to keep additional critical water and wastewater facilities running during load shedding.
Orders have been placed for the supply and installation of backup generators at the following critical bulk Overstrand water and wastewater facilities:
- New 200kVA generator for Hermanus Mosselrivier Sewerage Pump Station
- New 180kVA generator for Kleinmond Tennis Court Sewerage Pump Station
- New 400kVA generator for Kleinmond Palmiet River Bulk Raw Water Pump Stations
- New 60kVA generator for Kleinmond Water Treatment Works
- New 200kVA generator for Gansbaai Wastewater Treatment Works
- New 50kVA generator for Pearly Beach Water Treatment Works
- New 80kVA generator for De Kelders Klipgat Spring Pump Station
- New 150kVA generator for De Kelders Water Treatment Works
- New 400 kVA generator for Kraaibosch Dam Bulk Raw Water Pumpstation
The current high demand for generators in the country is causing delays in the delivery of generators, with some units only expected to be delivered during July 2023, after which installation and commissioning will follow.