The Token Identifier (TID) rollover for the upgrade or re-programming of pre-paid electricity meter software is on track in the Overstrand Municipal area.
Any pre-paid meter software that has not been upgraded by 24 November 2024 will not be able to upload electricity tokens, resulting in electricity running out on your meter.
Units that are on your meter will still be available after the re-programming, so please make sure that all tokens are punched in. If you do not enter your credit tokens first, you will not be able to use them after you have entered the key change tokens.
The software upgrade will not affect the actual meter and there is no payment to be made by affected pre-paid customers.
Once your area becomes eligible for an upgrade, you’ll receive two extra 20-digit codes along with your usual pre-paid token.
All three codes need to be entered in sequence for you to receive the electricity you purchased.
Follow these steps to update your meter:
1. Enter the first 20-digit key change code and wait for it to accept.
2. Enter the second 20-digit key change code and wait for it to accept.
3. Enter the usual 20-digit electricity token to recharge units as normal.
The implementation schedule for the Overstrand is as follows:
• Eastcliff, Hermanus Heights, Voëlklip, Westcliff, Northcliff, Beach Club, Whale Rock Estate and Hermanus Industria: November – December 2022
• Hawston: February – March 2023
• Meerenbosch: December 2022
• Sandbaai: December – January 2023
• Mount Pleasant: March – April 2023
• Zwelihle: May – June 2023
• Kleinmond: November and December 2022
• Overhills, Proteadorp and Extension 6: January – March 2023
• Stanford and Farms: March – April 2023
• Masakhane: November – December 2023
• Franskraal, Uilenkraalsmond, Gansbaai Farms: November 2022 – February 2023
• Birkenhead and Kleinbaai: May – June 2023
• Blompark: July – August 2023
• De Kelders, Gansbaai, Perlemoenbaai, Industrial area: September – October 2023
• Pearly Beach: November – December 2023
Eskom will follow its own update process in areas that are part of Eskom’s distribution supply network.
If you experience problems to update your pre-paid meter, or should you wish to implement the change-over on your meter sooner than later, or if you are unsure how it will work when buying tokens through your banking app, you are most welcome to contact the Municipality on email@example.com
Alternatively contact the Overstrand Municipality during office hours (Mon – Fri from 07:45 – 13:00 and 13:45 – 16:30: Hermanus Administration: 028 313 8000 (Finance Department) or 028 316 2630 (Electricity Department); Kleinmond Administration: 028 271 8400; Gansbaai and Stanford Administrations: 028 384 8358 or 028 384 8376.