The Executive Mayor of Overstrand, Dr Annelie Rabie and Deputy Mayor Lindile Ntsabo, greeted drivers and their passengers during various ‘Welcome Roadblocks’ today to wish them a safe and enjoyable Easter.
Also present to welcome visitors were the staff of the respective tourism offices in Gansbaai, Stanford, Hermanus and Hangklip-Kleinmond, Overstrand Traffic and Law Enforcement Officers and SAPS.
Tourists to the Overstrand are encouraged to visit the visitor information centres in the Overstrand for the latest guide on things to do, places to see, where to eat and to get a copy of the very popular updated monthly events calendar (https://whalecoast.info/events-calendar/) .
A special appeal is made to motorists to adhere to the following basics:
- Use water sparingly
- Don’t feed the baboons
- Dogs on the leash
- Always adhere to the speed limit
- Obey traffic rules and use common sense
- If you intend to consume alcohol, make alternative arrangements so that you will not have to get behind the wheel.
- Always make sure you and your passengers are buckled up.
- Never leave items such as cell phones, wallets and other valuables in plain sight, unattended or on the seat next to you. Always stow your valuables in the boot of your car.