On an annual basis MSC embarks on a learnership programme to provide youth an
opportunity to gain theoretical and practical experience in the Maritime Industry.
MSC has developed a 3 phased learnership programme namely:
1. National Certificate in International Trade
2. National Certificate in Freight Forwarding & Customs Compliance
3. Further Education & Training Certificate in Shipping
Each phase runs for a period of 12 months.
MSC will fully subsidise the cost of studies as well as a monthly stipend and an annual
bonus based on meeting the criteria of the learnership (i.e. attendance, assessments,
At the end of each phase learners will obtain a nationally recognised qualification,
including experiential training.
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE LEARNERSHIP PROGRAMME:
– The incumbent must have matric, minimum C aggregate including Maths
– This position requires an individual to be computer literate, hardworking, reliable,
methodical and have good communication skills
– Youth from designated groups (under 25 years of age) will be considered
– Learner will have to complete the Learnership in the region for the duration and it
cannot be changed.
All interested applicants to apply as follows:
Tammy Pillay – email: firstname.lastname@example.org