Overstrand Libraries, in collaboration with the Department of Cultural Affairs and Sport, are looking for tech savvy young people between the ages of 18 -25 to join the YearBeyond Information and Communication Technology (ICT) Cadet programme at our libraries in Greater Hermanus, Hangklip-Kleinmond and Gansbaai/Stanford.
This is a 6-month contract with the possibility to be extended by 3 months.
Closing date: 1 April 2022
As an ICT Cadet, you will provide computer assistance and support to library users and staff, conduct basic computer training and promote ICT literacy in your local community. You will be the person who helps people apply for jobs, register for vaccines, find information on the internet and more. When you are not busy with the computers, you will provide general support to the library.
Who can apply?
• A love of tech and anything related to computers. Studies in technology an advantage
• Must be in a possession of a Grade 12 certificate
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office and Open Office
• Young individuals between the ages of 18-25
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
How to register and apply?
• Visit the website www.yearbeyond.org for information on how to apply and register
• You will need to create a profile and log in on the SAYouth.Mobi site
• Or visit your nearest library for more information or to access internet services