Temporary water restrictions
MUNICIPALITY IMPLEMENTS DRASTIC WATER RESTRICTIONS WITH IMMEDIATE EFFECT IN HERMANUS, KLEINMOND
On 26 September 2023, Overstrand Municipality implemented water restrictions in Greater Hermanus (i.e Benguela Cove to Voëlklip) and Kleinmond (Ward 9).
Both areas’ main water supply is running dry, making water shortage a real threat.
Please join in the savings drive and immediately reduce their consumption.
• Water may only be used for cooking and bathing
• Only flush toilets when necessary
• Refrain from using automatic washing machines
• Car washing is prohibited
• Gardens are not allowed to be watered with municipal water
• Swimming pools may not be filled with municipal water
• No hose pipes will be permitted
The Municipality will provide water tankers in the various suburbs in the event that the reservoirs run dry.
Please stock up on bottled water and assist us in ensuring that the little water we have can last as long as possible until the bulk water supplies have been restored.