Applications for the Chrysalis Academy three-month training course is now open for the May 2024 intake. Young men, who want to contribute to society by positively changing their lifestyle, should apply.
The closing date for applicants to submit applications is 17 November 2023.
The qualifying criteria for alpha males are:
- between 18 & 25 years old
- have passed Grade 9 (Standard 7) mainstream schooling.
- not in employment, education, or training
- have no criminal record and
- is a resident of the Western Cape Province
The life skills training is divided into four stages, which are compulsory for all students:
- Orientation Phase consists of various life skills training such as personal hygiene, building self-esteem, inter-personal communication, cultural diversity, substance abuse, and leadership skills, amongst other things.
- Outdoor Phase is aimed at building leadership capability and using the healing power of nature to overcome certain challenges. It also helps to create biodiversity and environmental awareness.”
- Skills Phase when students learn basic skills such as electrical circuitry, firefighting, welding, cookery, youth development and a range of other skills depending on the students’ needs.
- Community Phase is when the students engage in various career discussions, volunteer at community projects and prepare for their exit back into their communities and home life.
Throughout the programme, the students have access to individual counselling, and life coaching based on individual assessments. Furthermore, parent workshops and family sessions are offered to promote positive parenting and caring families in the communities.
Application forms can be downloaded from the Chrysalis Academy website on: www.chrysalisacademy.org.za and sent to email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Forms can be collected from the Overstrand Municipality offices:
- Hermanus – Old Ambulance Building in 9 Magnolia Street (opposite Hermanus Primary School)
- Gansbaai Administration Office
- Kleinmond – Law Enforcement/ Traffic Department Office
General enquiries on Chrysalis applications can be made to Ongie Tyilana/Nicole Breda at 028 271 3516 (temporary number) or email@example.com. For more information regarding the programme, contact Ntombi Mtholo on email: firstname.lastname@example.org.