Prevent blocked drains
Do not to throw or pour stuff into sewerage drains or flush the ‘wrong stuff’ such as cigarettes and used cooking oil, down the toilet or basin.
Please act responsibly and make use of the Transfer Stations and Waste drop-off facilities to avoid illegal dumping.
Illegal dumping is anything you throw away in a place where it does not belong. Know this: If you throw your waste and/or junk just anywhere, it will eventually become your problem in some way or another – not only is it unsightly and looks untidy, but the sewerage will overflow into your street. For your convenience, refuse is picked up in your neighbourhood once a week.
By working together, the following actions can help prevent blocked outlets and manholes:
- Wipe and scrap plates, pans and utensils before washing
- Collect cooking oil in a suitable container
- Use strainers in sink plug holes
- Tampons and disposable nappies should be disposed of in the normal household bin or sanitary bins provided by businesses
- Maintain your gutter, sewer and water pipes inside your erven
Please keep the manholes and drains clean and continue to report sewerage blockages at the municipal control room 028 313 8111 (after hours).
- Kleinmond 028 271 8400
- Hermanus 028 313 8090/8997/8137
- Gansbaai 028 384 8300
- Stanford 028 341 8500 to request tanker service during office hours.