Overstrand Municipality encourages residents to please consider online renewal of vehicle licences whenever possible.
Please pay the CORRECT amount into the Overstrand Municipality primary bank account and use the relevant car REGISTRATION NUMBER as a reference. Transactions cannot be processed, if the amount due and reference number are incorrect.
Traffic Services request the public to ascertain the correct amount due by phoning them on 028 313 8175/8031/8166 (Hermanus Traffic), 028 384 8339 (Gansbaai Traffic) or 028 271 8400 (Kleinmond Traffic) before making an EFT payment.
Due to high call volumes to the vehicle licensing office requesting the correct amount due, not all calls are being attended to. As alternative, please email your request to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. Unfortunately you will not receive an answer immediately; but enquiries will be addressed within two or three working days. Please provide your vehicle registration number and ID number and contact details.
Banking details to pay your car licence renewal:
Account Name: Overstrand Municipality
ACCOUNT NUMBER (Primary Account): 1190136678
Type of account: Current Account
Branch Code: 198765
Branch: Inland Garden Route
SWIFT Code: NEDSZAJJ
* use your car licence number as reference number
Once payment reflects on the municipality’s bank statement, the vehicle licence will be processed, and you can collect the disk from the respective traffic department (allow at least 3- 5 working days for this or phone to ask if the disk is ready for collection).
Remember to keep a copy of your proof of payment in the relevant car until you receive your licence disk – keep your expired disk on your window in the meantime.
- Please, do not pay a random amount into the bank account. An incorrect amount will need to be investigated and will cause further delays.
- Always use your car licence number as reference number e.g CEM XXXX
- Do not use ‘ouma se karretjie’ or ‘kerneels’ as reference. This will cause further delays.
- Remember to take your proof of payment with you, when collecting the disc
Collection of vehicle license discs:
Payments for license disks made via EFT can be collected at the relevant licensing and registration offices.
When collecting the disk, bring proof of payment with.
Inform the security officers at the door of the licensing office that you are there to collect your license disk that you have paid for via EFT. Hand over the proof of payment and they will go inside the office to collect the disk on your behalf.
When somebody else collects the disk on behalf of the vehicle owner:
- Authorisation letter stating the registration number and the authorization of the person doing the collection (the person’s full names).
- A certified copy of your ID and their own ID.