Overstrand Municipality has implemented water restrictions in Greater Hermanus and Kleinmond.
Both areas’ main water supply is running dry, making water shortage a real threat.
The only way we can avoid Day Zero is if all residents and visitors join in the savings drive and immediately reduce their consumption.
- Water may only be used for cooking and bathing
- Only flush toilets when necessary
- Refrain from using automatic washing machines
- Car washing is prohibited
- Gardens are not allowed to be watered with municipal water
- Swimming pools may not be filled with municipal water
- No hose pipes will be permitted
The Municipality will provide water tankers in the various suburbs in the event that the reservoirs run dry.
Please stock up on bottled water and assist us in ensuring that the little water we have can last as long as possible until the bulk water supplies have been restored.