Overstrand Municipality is currently arranging venues for roadshows on Saturdays to update the indigent database and to help families to register or to re- apply for indigent support.
The indigent support assists needy households that have limited financial ability to pay for municipal services.
Find out if you qualify as an indigent for a subsidy on water, sewerage, electricity and waste on your municipal account.
You can apply for indigent support if:
- The total household income of people staying on the property is not more than R7 961.00
- Average units electricity purchased do not exceed 500 kWh per month
- Average consumption of water over the previous 6 months do not exceed 20 kℓ per month
- Occupy the property as the primary residence
- You are a South African citizen
- You do not have more than one property registered as owner
- Your property may only be used for residential purposes
To apply, you must:
Fill in an application form at the Finance Halls at the respective municipal offices OR on the dates that venues will be open on a Saturday from 9:00 – 12:00
Bring the following documents with you:
- Latest municipal account
- ID of residents older than 18 years
- Copy of the birth certificate of all residents younger than 18 years
- Latest 3 months’ salary/wages slip of each working resident
- Latest 3 months’ bank statements from each working resident
- In the case of no bank account, the client must confirm such with an affidavit
- An affidavit to declare income if you are self-employed
- Proof of all SASSA income
- Affidavit of unemployment and that there is no other source of income
- Divorce order in the event of a divorce
- Death certificate of a co-owner where applicable
Registered indigents in the Overstrand area also receive :
- 10 kiloliters free water
- 50 kWh units free electricity
For more information contact the Finance Department at your nearest municipal rates hall for assistance during the week or phone 028 313 8000/8912; HERMANUS Administration 028 313 8027 / 028 313 8933 / 028 313 5060 /028 313 8042, GANSBAAI/STANFORD Administration – Tel: 028 028 384 8300 or Tel: 028 341 8500, KLEINMOND Administration – Tel: 028 271 8400.