Overstrand Municipality appeals to all households, weekend visitors and holidaymakers who are renting a self-catering unit in our area, to observe the following basic rules when dispensing with household waste:
- Do not dump household rubbish next to dustbins on commonages and pavements.
- Take access bags to the drop-off points that are available in your area. For your convenience, the transfer stations are also open during weekdays and Saturdays.
- All bins used in baboon-affected areas should be baboon-proof and locked with latch, strap, padlock or clip at all times.
- Place your household waste in wheelie bins and put it outside on scheduled collection days only.
- No black bags may be left on pavements or on top of or outside bins in baboon affected areas.
- Each household is allowed to place one wheelie bin or four black bags with domestic refuse on the sidewalk for removal where baboons are not an issue.
- Ensure that your collectables are on the sidewalk by no later than 07:00 on the morning of collection.
- Do not leave your refuse on the sidewalk overnight.
- Remember it is also illegal to dump builders’ rubble, old furniture and household appliances next to roads or on open erven.
- Clean garden waste should please be delivered to either the Gansbaai landfill site, Betty’s Bay Garden waste site or Hermanus and Kleinmond Transfer Stations or the Stanford and Pearly Beach public drop off sites.
Please ensure that any visitors that might be making use of your accommodation are also made aware of the above requirements.
Thanks for helping to keep Overstrand the chosen visitor’s destination for many by doing you bit to keep it clean.