Apply for indigent support
The indigent support assists needy households that have limited financial ability to pay for municipal services. Make the effort to find out if you qualify as an indigent for a subsidy on water, sewerage, electricity and waste on your municipal account.
Anyone may apply for an indigent subsidy on an on-going basis.
The following documentation must be submitted when applying for your indigent grant:
- the latest municipal account of the account holder
- an identity document of all residents (18 years and older) of the property
- A copy of the birth certificate of every resident child under 18 years of age
- 3 months’ salary/wages of each resident
- In the case of no bank account, the client must confirm such with an affidavit
- 3 months of bank statement from each resident
- An affidavit to declare income if you are self-employed
- Proof of disability pension or maintenance allowance
- Affidavit of unemployment and that there is no other source of income. Must confirm since which date unemployed
- Divorce order in the event of a divorce
- an affidavit confirming responsibility for the account in the instance where the applicant is not the account holder, but reside on the property; and a letter from account holder and/or lease agreement
- In the instance of a deceased estate, indigent applications will be considered in accordance with requirements for Deceased Estates as stipulated in the Overstrand Customer Care, Credit Control and Debt Collection Policy, inclusive of submission of the executors letter, or letter of authority from the Master/Court.
Community members can visit any of the municipal offices in Gansbaai, Stanford, Hermanus or Kleinmond during the week for support.
Alternatively, phone the finance department on
Hermanus 028 313 8027 / 028 313 8933 / 028 313 5060 /028 313 8042,
Gansbaai 028 384 8300
Stanford 028 341 8500
Kleinmond 028 271 8400
Kleinmond 028 271 8400 or 028 271 8465
Hermanus 028 313 8000 or 028 313 8196
Stanford 028 341 8500 or 028 341 8516
Gansbaai 028 384 8300 or 028 384 8328