Expenditures and Assets Management
The office of the Senior Manager: Expenditure & Asset Management is responsible for the payment of service providers and officials, as well as maintaining the asset register and short-term insurance portfolio of the Overstrand Municipality in order to ensure service delivery.
The Objectives of Expenditure & Asset Management are to:
- give effect to the provisions of the Constitution, 1996
- give effect to the provisions of the MFMA, 2003;
- manage the key performance and result indicators associated with the Expenditure- and Asset Management Section through the implementation of laid down policies and procedures;
- dictate financial reporting and recording requirements for the management of the Expenditure & Asset Management Section;
- manage objective setting and financial planning sequences and directing and executing accounting procedures and processes in accordance with relevant legislation and policies associated with controlling the Expenditure / Creditors, Payroll, Asset Management & Insurance Portfolio Sections.
It is the responsibility of the office of the Senior Manager: Expenditure & Asset Management that these objectives are adhered to and implemented; thereby ensuring sound, sustainable and accountable cost management, which is fair, equitable, transparent and cost effective.
What do I do:
The provision of professional financial services to management and Council in respect of Expenditure Administration (Creditors/Salaries) and Asset Management.
Name: Johannes Vorster (Snr Manager: Expenditure and Asset Management)
Contact Number: +27 28 313 8046