Community Services Director
The main function of this directorate is the maintenance of municipal infrastructure as well as to ensure that co-operative governance and public participation takes place in decentralised administrations with effective service delivery.
This directorate consists of a Director, Deputy-Director, three decentralised administrations (area and operational management), Corporate Projects, Vehicle Fleet Management and Housing Services.
By far this directorate has about 685 employees and an operating budget of about R412 million. Three senior managers are accountable for area management, including community consultation and participation, libraries, caravan parks, boat launching activities, venue management and cemeteries, assisted by three senior managers who are accountable for operational services such as water services, solid waste removal, roads and stormwater maintenance and parks and beaches. Corporate projects include sport and recreation, the vehicle fleet and the 24-hour control room. Housing administration also falls under this directorate. It includes waiting lists, informal settlements, public participation (social compacts) and management of rental stock.
Director: Community Services
- Revised Performance Plan 2021/2022
- Performance Agreement for the financial year 2021/2022
- Revised Performance Plan 2020/2021
- Performance Agreement for the financial year 2020/2021
- Performance Agreement for the financial year 2019/2020
- Revised Performance Plan 2019/2020
- Performance Agreement for the financial year 2018/2019
- Revised Performance Plan 2018/2019
- Performance Agreement for the financial year 2017/2018
- Revised Performance Plan 2017/2018
- Performance Agreement for the financial year 2016/2017
- Revised performance plan for 2015/16