Storm water upgrades in Main Road, Marine Drive and High Street, as well as in Mimosa and Prelliwitz Streets in the Industrial Area are on track and progress is currently in line with the planned construction programme.
No significant challenges have been experienced by the contractor to date.
The anticipated completion date for this project is 30 April 2021.
HEREWITH THE PROJECT STATUS REPORT:
Phase 1 - Area 1 (Marine Drive and Parking)
- Construction on Marine Drive are 90% completed and the parking area is open for vehicle parking. Pedestrian access and movement is possible.
Phase 1 - Area 2 (Hamewith Building)
- The construction is 80% completed. Only the storm water connection point, from Main Road to entrance of Hamewith building must still be completed.
Phase 1 - Area 3a (Main Road)
- 70% of the construction works has been completed. The anticipated re-opening for Main Road is planned for the last week of October 2020.
Phase 1 - Area 3b (Dirkie Uys Street)
- Construction works will commence in the first week of October 2020.
Phase 2 - Area 2 + 3 (High Street)
- Construction works for this phase will commence during the month of October 2020, as planned.