Cape Whale Coast, in collaboration with the Department of Tourism, offers temporary work opportunities for 10 candidates who are unemployed or under-skilled and interested in tourism and safety.
The National Tourism Monitors Programme seeks to provide a ‘friendly face’ for tourists – and also to improve the safety of tourists.
Training will be provided to enhance successful candidate’s knowledge of the towns in Overstrand; ranging from the provision of information to customer-service and safety-awareness training.
Closing Date: 2 September 2019
Please take note that successful candidates will be expected to sign a 12 month contract with the Tourism and Business Institute of SA.
APPLICANTS MUST MEET THE FOLLOWING MINIMUM CRITERIA:
1. The Learner must be unemployed
2. Have a minimum of Grade twelve (Matric) qualification and must be literate and conversant in English.
3. Be a resident of the Local Municipality (Proof required)
4. Have a passion or interest for Tourism and Safety.
5. Persons retrenched from the hospitality industry and presently unemployed (at least for a year),
6. Applicants must be between the ages of 18-35 years,
7. You must not have participated in any EPWP/ Department of Tourism funded projects in the last two years.
8. Not more than one learner per household
9. Must be able to provide a clean police clearance
Correspondence will be limited to short-listed candidates. Applicants who meet the above requirements should submit a detailed CV together with certified copies of qualifications, proof of residence in the Overstrand not older than three months and identity document with clear contact numbers.
NB: This programme is for the people residing within the Overstrand only.